Monday, December 5, 2011

Consistant Work

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action;  be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus christ is revealed.  As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.  But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy.'"
-  1 Peter 1:13-16

Peter was encouraging the readers to be ready when Christ came back.  He encouraged people to be prepared, be self-controlled and full of grace.  They had no idea when Christ was coming back but Peter still wanted everyone to be prepared. 

Are things different today?  No, just because we are in a different time and we don't know when Jesus is coming back does not mean we should not be prepared.  Just as Peter said prepare your minds for action, be obedient children.  Am I preparing my mind?  Am I being obedient to what God has called me to? Am I living a life that is in preparation for Christ's coming?  I wish the answer to all these questions was yes, but I have to say it is not.  How do I change?  How do I ensure my life reflects that of Christ and his holiness? 

Be in the Word
Pray
Remind myself what is important
Concentrate on God's plan
Trust in God
Believe what God says is true
Think of myself less
Put others first

To refocus my thoughts and life on God and what really matters. His glory is where my thoughts should be. 

Thought for the Day:  Am I living as if Jesus is coming back?

No comments:

Post a Comment