Friday, January 6, 2012

2 Peter 3-10

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.  Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.  For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance, and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.  For if you posses these qualities increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ...therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure.  For if you do these things, you will never fall."

The Bible never ceases to amaze me with all its messages.  Over and over again we are told how wonderful God is.  He has given us everything we need for life and godliness.  And over and over again we forget.  I know I forget.  Life gets hard, challenges come my way and I forget. 

I pray and call out to God and have to be reminded over and over again that he is there for me.  God is so good to us and we forget so easily.  But we are called to live life better, to live with:  goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love.  These things will increase our knowledge of Christ. 

So if we are not living these characteristics out can we truly know and remember who Christ is?  What do you think?  I know when I am living my own life, not reading the Bible and reminding myself of who God is and what I am called to; I forget. 

Thought for the Day:  Does your character reflect your knowledge of Christ?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment