Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Grace

"For I am the least of the apostles ad do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  But by the grace of God, I am what I am."

1 Corinthians 15:9-10

I think we have all been in Paul's shoes at one time or another.  Of course not that of being an apostle, but having that sinking feeling that you are not enough.  Identifying with a feeling of inadequacy.  Paul had to ask, "how can you use someone like me?  Why would you choose me?"

Paul had done horrible things in his lifetime.  He had actually killed God's own people.  Thats intense.  He questioned how it could be possible that he could be used by God but was also sure of the answer.  Grace.  God showed a murderous man Grace.  This grace allowed Paul to be who he was truly meant to be.

God's grace is free for us all.  It can free us to be who we are truly meant to be.  The question is will we accept it?

It doesnt matter your past
It doesnt matter what you have done
It doesnt matter what you havent done
It doesnt matter who you were
It doesnt matter who you are

There is nothing you can do that will lock you out of God's grace.  You cant earn it and you cant loose it.  God will always offer his grace, it is our choice to accept it.  Feel ashamed about receiving it, no; be amazed, yes.  God can do wondrous things though us when we are willing to accept his grace and allow it to work in and through us.

Thought for the day:  Will I choose God's grace and look to the future, or will I stay ashamed of my past?

No comments:

Post a Comment